Subject: Re: [PATCH v7 02/10] ss: created formatters for json and hr

From: Stephen Hemminger <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 2 Nov 2015 15:06:17 -0800

On Wed, 28 Oct 2015 08:07:47 +0000
Matthias Tafelmeier <[email-masked]> wrote:

> >
> > Well, then we should wait for another voice aimed at the complexity of
> > the patchset before amending and resending me the patchset.
> >
> >  
> 
> Well, I perceive that after Sutter has taken over the maintenance
> responsibilitiy and answ

Your perception is incorrect.
I am still maintaining iproute2. Phil is just providing lots of feedback
and new patches.

The size of the change makes it harder to digest, and I do think
adding JSON support is a good idea. Just concerned about the long
term maintainance overhead. Plus I want the other utilities to have
JSON output as well. Therefore this change is going to take longer
to adopt and hopefull we can figure out a good way to do this kind
of output.

Almost want to go to C++ or something.