Subject: Re: [RFC][PATCH] net: arinc429: Add ARINC-429 stack

From: Marek Vasut <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 4 Nov 2015 16:07:30 +0100

On Wednesday, November 04, 2015 at 04:03:16 PM, Vostrikov Andrey wrote:
> Hi, Marek.

Hi,

> > About the parity -- can we add some flag into the datagram to indicate we
> > want hardware to calculate the parity for that particular datagram for
> > us? And we'd also need to indicate what type of parity. I dunno if this
> > is worth the hassle.
> 
> This  is HW configuration property, it does not belong to  datagram. Also
> for TX channels,  parity could  be  two  kinds:  odd and even, for RX it
> is only on/off.

There are datagrams which do contain parity and ones which do not contain it,
correct ? Thus, it's a property of that particular datagram.

> Parity  is  not  the  only property that needs to be configured in HW,
> following could be needed as well,
> - label bit flipping (on or off)

This is hardware property.

> - rate change (low / high)

This is again hardware configuration -- you have to configure the link speed
before you do RX/TX.

> -  label  filters  and  label  priority matching (this could be HoltIC
> specific)
> 
> I  suppose  all  these  properties  are  configured  only  once, at
> interface initialization.

These three above, yes. Parity, I don't think so.

Best regards,
Marek Vasut