Subject: Re: [PATCH v3 net] i40e: Look up MAC address in Open Firmware or IDPROM

From: Sowmini Varadhan <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 4 Nov 2015 14:26:14 -0500

On (11/02/15 14:57), Sowmini Varadhan wrote:
> On (11/02/15 17:26), Nelson, Shannon wrote:
> > > I assume you mean .1q 
> > 
> > Yes, this is what I had in mind.
> 
> I dont think we're quite there yet, even without vlans.
> 

Ok finally got all the .1q stuff verified (took a bit longer
than it should, because of some lab/administrative hassles in
getting the vlans adjusted at intermediate switches). But
the fix as I'd sent has been tested, and it is good for .1q.

The issues I was seeing with promisc were orthogonal to my fix,
or even to my platform - I understand those are being addressed
separately.

I'm probably too late for the merge window, and I dont know if
this fix qualifies as "critical" for net, so I'll re-target v5 
for net-next, to be conservative.

--Sowmini