Subject: Re: [RFCv2 bluetooth-next 1/3] 6lowpan: add debugfs support

From: Alexander Aring <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 25 Nov 2015 19:00:54 +0100

Hi,

On Wed, Nov 25, 2015 at 05:42:32PM +0100, Stefan Schmidt wrote:
> Hello.
> 
> On 17/11/15 23:33, Alexander Aring wrote:
> >This patch will introduce a 6lowpan entry into the debugfs if enabled.
> >Inside this 6lowpan directory we create a subdirectories of all 6lowpan
> >interfaces to offer a per interface debugfs support.
> 

...

> >  static void lowpan_dellink(struct net_device *ldev, struct list_head *head)
> >@@ -180,6 +187,7 @@ static void lowpan_dellink(struct net_device *ldev, struct list_head *head)
> >  	ASSERT_RTNL();
> >  	wdev->ieee802154_ptr->lowpan_dev = NULL;
> >+	lowpan_netdev_unsetup(ldev);
> >  	unregister_netdevice(ldev);
> >  	dev_put(wdev);
> >  }
> 
> If you are going to change the th uninit to exit and the unsetup to teardown
> you can add my review.
> 
> Reviewed-by: Stefan Schmidt <[email-masked]>
> 

I will add a patch which introduce the two functions:

lowpan_register_netdevice - register_netdevice (without rtnl lock)
lowpan_register_netdev - register_netdev (with rtnl lock)

These two functions will call register_netdevice/register_netdev and 6lowpan
debugfs init.

I will remove the lowpan_netdev_unsetup function and introduce a:

lowpan_unregister_netdevice - unregister_netdevice

which calls unregister_netdevice and lowpan_dev_debugfs_exit. I will
change the uninit to exit.

Then we keep the same naming stuff like netdev and these function should
always called when doing register_netdev/unregister_netdev for all
lowpan interface.

Then we can also move lowpan_netdev_setup before register_netdev. This
will move more functionality which should be the same on all lowpan
interfaces into the net/6lowpan branch.

- Alex