Subject: Re: [PATCH RESEND v7] i40e: Look up MAC address in Open Firmware or IDPROM

From: Sowmini Varadhan <[email-masked]>
Date: Sat, 5 Dec 2015 15:38:25 -0500

On (12/04/15 17:40), Shannon Nelson wrote:
> 
> I'd write this just a little differently to match the rest of the driver:
> 
>       ret = i40e_aq_add_macvlan(&vsi->back->hw, vsi->seid, &element, 1, NULL);
>       if (!ret) {

You mean if (ret), right? (i.e., ret == 0 is success)

>               dev_info(&vsi->back->pdev->dev,
>                        "add filter failed err %s aq_err %s\n",

BTW, there are some other places in that file where the return
status form i40e_aq_add_macvlan() is ignored, which makes this a bit
confusing ..
  :
  :

> > +{
> > +       struct device_node *dp = pci_device_to_OF_node(pdev);
> 
> This gives me a compile warning, probably because I don't have
> CONFIG_OF enabled.

Odd, what sort of compile warning? I dont see that on my x86 
machine (and I dont have CONFIG_OF either), and kbuild-test-robot
did not catch that either, afaict. Perhaps you are missing some 
include files?

Without the dp definition, of_get_mac_address() further below
will not find a "dp".

Rest of the comments are addressed in v8 that I just sent out.

--Sowmini