Subject: Re: [PATCH net-next 3/3] geneve: Remote Checksum Offload support

From: "John W. Linville" <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 8 Dec 2015 14:31:51 -0500

On Tue, Dec 08, 2015 at 10:27:18AM -0800, Tom Herbert wrote:
> Add support for remote checksum offload in both the normal and GRO
> paths. netlink command are used to enable sending of the Remote
> Checksum Data, and allow processing of it on receive. The Remote

afsO&^(*&5^a+++NO CARRIER

Did you mean to finish that sentence? ;-)
 
> Signed-off-by: Tom Herbert <[email-masked]>

Jesse is going to have to comment on your (ab)use of the reserved
fields.  I presume that an RFC would be forthcoming?

> diff --git a/include/net/geneve.h b/include/net/geneve.h
> index 3106ed6..b59ad0a 100644
> --- a/include/net/geneve.h
> +++ b/include/net/geneve.h
> @@ -8,9 +8,9 @@
>  
>  /* Geneve Header:
>   *  +-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+
> - *  |Ver|  Opt Len  |O|C|    Rsvd.  |          Protocol Type        |
> + *  |Ver|  Opt Len  |O|C|X|  Rsvd.  |          Protocol Type        |
>   *  +-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+
> - *  |        Virtual Network Identifier (VNI)       |    Reserved   |
> + *  |        Virtual Network Identifier (VNI)       |U| Csum start  |
>   *  +-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+
>   *  |                    Variable Length Options                    |
>   *  +-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+

Otherwise, LGTM -- I'm really happy to see Geneve get this attention!

Acked-by: John W. Linville <[email-masked]>

-- 
John W. Linville		Someday the world will need a hero, and you
[email-masked]			might be all we have.  Be ready.