Subject: Re: [PATCH] sbc8641: drop bogus PHY IRQ entries from DTS file

From: Andrew Lunn <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 9 Dec 2015 16:29:23 +0100

> > Originally the interrupt is used for detecting the link has gone
> > down. That would of also been bogus before. Have you tried this?  If
> 
> Haven't tried it, but chances are you are right.
> 
> > that is also broken, maybe you need to add a fixes: tag so that it
> > gets back ported?
> 
> Nobody noticed in the past ~7 years or so, but I guess I can point Greg
> at it once it is present in mainline.  The main reason I'd Cc'd netdev
> is just to possibly save anyone else the investigation if they ran into
> the same issue on a different board -which seems highly probable IMHO.

Yes, you are probably right about other boards. So this change might
be considered as causing a regression. But if they are already broken,
because link down does not work, there might be less demand to get the
change reverted....

       Andrew