Subject: [patch] qlcnic: fix a timeout loop

From: Dan Carpenter <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 15 Dec 2015 13:16:18 +0300

The problem here is that at the end of the loop we test for if
idc->vnic_wait_limit is zero, but since idc->vnic_wait_limit-- is a
post-op, it actually ends up set to (u8)-1.  I have fixed this by
changing it to a pre-op.  I had to change the starting value from
"QLCNIC_DEV_NPAR_OPER_TIMEO" (30) to "QLCNIC_DEV_NPAR_OPER_TIMEO + 1" so
that we still loop the same number of times as before.

Fixes: 486a5bc77a4a ('qlcnic: Add support for 83xx suspend and resume.')
Signed-off-by: Dan Carpenter <[email-masked]>

diff --git a/drivers/net/ethernet/qlogic/qlcnic/qlcnic_83xx_vnic.c b/drivers/net/ethernet/qlogic/qlcnic/qlcnic_83xx_vnic.c
index be7d7a6..9919245 100644
--- a/drivers/net/ethernet/qlogic/qlcnic/qlcnic_83xx_vnic.c
+++ b/drivers/net/ethernet/qlogic/qlcnic/qlcnic_83xx_vnic.c
@@ -234,7 +234,7 @@ int qlcnic_83xx_config_vnic_opmode(struct qlcnic_adapter *adapter)
 	}
 
 	ahw->idc.vnic_state = QLCNIC_DEV_NPAR_NON_OPER;
-	ahw->idc.vnic_wait_limit = QLCNIC_DEV_NPAR_OPER_TIMEO;
+	ahw->idc.vnic_wait_limit = QLCNIC_DEV_NPAR_OPER_TIMEO + 1;
 
 	return 0;
 }
@@ -246,7 +246,7 @@ int qlcnic_83xx_check_vnic_state(struct qlcnic_adapter *adapter)
 	u32 state;
 
 	state = QLCRDX(ahw, QLC_83XX_VNIC_STATE);
-	while (state != QLCNIC_DEV_NPAR_OPER && idc->vnic_wait_limit--) {
+	while (state != QLCNIC_DEV_NPAR_OPER && --idc->vnic_wait_limit) {
 		msleep(1000);
 		state = QLCRDX(ahw, QLC_83XX_VNIC_STATE);
 	}