Subject: Re: Q: bad routing table cache entries

From: Sowmini Varadhan <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 29 Dec 2015 06:58:21 -0500

On (12/29/15 13:54), Stas Sergeev wrote:
> 
> ip route get 91.189.89.238
> 91.189.89.238 via 192.168.0.1 dev eth0  src 192.168.10.202
>     cache <redirected>
         :
> Now, 192.168.0.1 is also a valid gateway, but it is outside
> of the network mask for the eth0 interface:
         :
> So my question is: why does linux allow an invalid redirect
> entries? Is it a problem with my setup, or some kernel bug,
> or some router setup problem? Where should I look into, to
> nail this down?

Seems like the problem is in the router that is sending
the bad redirect. You would have to check into the configuration
and/or implementation of the router- it should not be sending
back a redirect in the above case (different netmasks) even
if the ingress and egress physical interfaces are the same.

--Sowmini