Subject: Re: [PATCH v2] wl1251: add sysfs interface for bluetooth coexistence mode configuration

From: Pali Rohár <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 13 Jan 2016 23:39:49 +0100

On Wednesday 13 January 2016 23:32:47 Arend van Spriel wrote:
> On 12/26/2015 12:45 PM, Pali Rohár wrote:
> > Port the bt_coex_mode sysfs interface from wl1251 driver version
> > included in the Maemo Fremantle kernel to allow bt-coexistence
> > mode configuration. This enables userspace applications to set one
> > of the modes WL1251_BT_COEX_OFF, WL1251_BT_COEX_ENABLE and
> > WL1251_BT_COEX_MONOAUDIO. The default mode is WL1251_BT_COEX_OFF.
> > It should be noted that this driver always enabled bt-coexistence
> > before and enabled bt-coexistence directly affects the receiving
> > performance, rendering it unusable in some low-signal situations.
> > Especially monitor mode is affected very badly with bt-coexistence
> > enabled.
> 
> So what user-space process will be using this interface.

On Maemo daemon wlancond use this interface. It use information from 
bluez daemon to decide if btcoex is needed to enable or not (and also 
which mode).

> Did you consider adding debugfs interface?

Other drivers uses sysfs, so I proposed also sysfs interface.

> In case of monitor mode you could
> consider disabling bt-coex from within the driver itself.

I'm not sure if you want to do it always in this case...

-- 
Pali Rohár
[email-masked]