Subject: Re: [PATCH 1/3][v2] net: phy: introduce 1000BASE-KX and 10GBASE-KR

From: Andrew Lunn <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 22 Jan 2016 15:38:12 +0100

> The reason I mentioned maybe I should put the backplane property in
> fsl's binding is because the backplane implementation is really
> vendor specific, it's heavily relay how hardware implements the
> feature, maybe another vendor's hardware only needs a boolean
> property for driver to tell it should work in backplane, hardware
> can deal with different modes, or even no any special property
> needed if the hardware is strong enough to handle any connections, I
> cannot assume.  But I know what fsl's hardware needs to support
> backplane.

This is the key point really. We don't really care about the Freescale
PCS. We want a generic solution for 1000BASE-KX and 10GBASE-KR,
independent of who makes it, Marvell, Micrel, Broadcom, or Acme.

So, what generic properties are needed for 1000BASE-KX and 10GBASE-KR?
Properties that most/all manufactures are likely to need?

	   Andrew
--
To unsubscribe from this list: send the line "unsubscribe devicetree" in
the body of a message to [email-masked]
More majordomo info at  http://vger.kernel.org/majordomo-info.html