Subject: Re: struct pid memory leak

From: Willy Tarreau <[email-masked]>
Date: Sat, 23 Jan 2016 19:00:10 +0100

Hi Eric, Dmitry,

On Fri, Jan 22, 2016 at 08:50:01AM -0800, Eric Dumazet wrote:
> CC netdev, as it looks some af_unix issue ...
> 
> On Fri, 2016-01-22 at 16:08 +0100, Dmitry Vyukov wrote:
> > Hello,
> > 
> > The following program causes struct pid memory leak:
> > 
> > // autogenerated by syzkaller (http://github.com/google/syzkaller)
(...)
> > unreferenced object 0xffff8800324af200 (size 112):
> >   comm "syz-executor", pid 18413, jiffies 4295500287 (age 14.321s)
> >   hex dump (first 32 bytes):
> >     01 00 00 00 01 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00  ................
> >     00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00  ................
> >   backtrace:
> >     [<ffffffff86315673>] kmemleak_alloc+0x63/0xa0 mm/kmemleak.c:916
> >     [<     inline     >] kmemleak_alloc_recursive include/linux/kmemleak.h:47
(...)
> > On commit 30f05309bde49295e02e45c7e615f73aa4e0ccc2 (Jan 20).

I can't reproduce this with the indicated commit. I'm unsure how/what
I'm supposed to see. Is a certain config needed ? I've enabled kmemleak
in my .config but there are too few information here to go further
unfortunately.

Regards,
Willy