Subject: Re: [RFC] net: ipv4 -- Introduce ifa limit per net

From: Cyrill Gorcunov <[email-masked]>
Date: Sun, 6 Mar 2016 20:06:41 +0300

On Sun, Mar 06, 2016 at 08:23:12AM -0800, Eric Dumazet wrote:
> On dim., 2016-03-06 at 13:09 +0300, Cyrill Gorcunov wrote:
> 
> > Anyway, then I run this script for 255 as parameter
> > in one pass which gen. requests to create 65025 addresses
> > and kernel start complaining:
> > 
> > Perf output
> > -----------
> >   24.95%  [kernel]                      [k] __local_bh_enable_ip
> >   21.52%  [kernel]                      [k] lock_acquire
> >   15.54%  [kernel]                      [k] lock_release
> >    9.84%  [kernel]                      [k] lock_is_held
> >    7.47%  [kernel]                      [k] lock_acquired
> >    4.08%  [kernel]                      [k] __local_bh_disable_ip
> 
> Well, this looks like LOCKDEP kernel. Are you really running LOCKDEP on
> production kernels ?

This is vanilla kernel with most of debug features turned on,
not our production one. IIRC in production we don't use
lockdep. I can run tests with lockdep turned off. Still
I think I have to run tests on real hardware instead of
VM to provide you back some sane numbers, and once we
get back from holidays (which will be at Wednesday) I
gonna build the vanilla and run it on real machine
with both David's patches and measure the latency.