Subject: Re: When will net-next merge with linux-next?

From: "[email-masked]" <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 14 Mar 2016 09:21:39 -0700

On Mon, Mar 14, 2016 at 06:09:41AM +0000, Dexuan Cui wrote:
> Hi David,
> I have a pending patch of the hv_sock driver, which should go into the
> kernel through the net-next tree:
> https://lkml.org/lkml/2016/2/14/7
> 
> The VMBus side's supporting patches of hv_sock have been in Greg's tree
> and linux-next for more than 1 month, but they haven't been in net-next
> yet, I suppose this is because of the releasing of 4.5.
> 
> Now 4.5 is released. Will you merge with Greg's tree or linux-next?

linux-next is a merge of all of the maintainer's trees, and it is
rebased every day, it's impossible to merge that back into a maintainers
tree, sorry.

> I read netdev-FAQ.txt, but still don't have a clear idea about how things
> work in my case.

Try reading Documentation/development-process/ please.  Things will get
merged together into Linus's tree over the next 2 weeks as we ask him to
pull our trees.

thanks,

greg k-h