Subject: Re: [PATCH v9 net-next 4/7] openvswitch: add layer 3 flow/port support

From: Simon Horman <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 20 May 2016 17:11:23 +0900

On Fri, May 20, 2016 at 10:00:28AM +0200, Jiri Benc wrote:
> On Fri, 20 May 2016 14:29:01 +0900, Simon Horman wrote:
> > The second option does seem rather tempting although I'm not sure
> > that it actually plays out in the access-port scenario at this time.
> 
> We support gre ports to be access ports currently. With conversion to
> ipgre, this needs to continue working. It's no problem for frames with
> the Ethernet header but now we have a situation where a port is tagged,
> thus the user expects that packets received on that port will behave
> accordingly. I don't think we can make some packets honor this and some
> ignore this; and we can't disallow gre to be an access port.
> 
> How do you plan to solve this? By user space always pushing an ethernet
> header before push_vlan?

Yes. That is my understanding of how OvS currently handles access ports but
I have a feeling that either I am mistaken or that you are referring to a
slightly different scenario.
_______________________________________________
dev mailing list
[email-masked]
http://openvswitch.org/mailman/listinfo/dev