Subject: Re: [PATCH net-next 00/10] NCSI Support

From: Gavin Shan <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 4 Jul 2016 10:24:25 +1000

On Mon, Jul 04, 2016 at 08:49:31AM +1000, Benjamin Herrenschmidt wrote:
>On Mon, 2016-07-04 at 01:03 +0300, Or Gerlitz wrote:
>> FWIW, talking to a colleague, he made a comment that some of the text
>> above is wrong:
>> 
>> AENs are sent from NIC to BMC. Not from Host to BMC.
>
>Just a typo in the commit message thankfully ;-)
>

Yeah, the AENs are sent from NIC to BMC and the code follows it. The code
is tested on IBM's openPower server where a BMC (ARM system) and host (
Power system and NIC) are included. So the host, the far end and NIC can
be regarded as equivalents.

>> The traffic between a BMC and a NIC is over RBT if it is formatted as
>> NC-SI packets. This is not over network traffic....
>

It's correct. The figure included in the commit log might give the illusion
that NCSI packets are sent over network traffic.

Thanks,
Gavin