Subject: Re: [PATCH iproute2] ss: Fix support for device filter by index

From: Stephen Hemminger <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 15 Jul 2016 11:53:24 -0700

On Fri, 15 Jul 2016 09:29:28 -0700
David Ahern <[email-masked]> wrote:

> Support was recently added for device filters. The intent was to allow
> the device to be specified by name or index, and using the if%u format
> (dev == if5) or the simpler and more intuitive index alone (dev == 5).
> The latter case is broken since the index is not saved to the filter
> after the strtoul conversion. Further, the tmp variable used for the
> conversion shadows another variable used in the function. Fix both.
> 
> With this change all 3 variants work as expected:
> $ ss -t 'dev == 62'
> State   Recv-Q Send-Q         Local Address:Port    Peer Address:Port
> ESTAB       0      224         10.0.1.3%mgmt:ssh   192.168.0.50:58442
> 
> $ ss -t 'dev == mgmt'
> State   Recv-Q Send-Q         Local Address:Port    Peer Address:Port
> ESTAB       0      224         10.0.1.3%mgmt:ssh   192.168.0.50:58442
> 
> $ ss -t 'dev == if62'
> State   Recv-Q Send-Q         Local Address:Port    Peer Address:Port
> ESTAB       0      36          10.0.1.3%mgmt:ssh   192.168.0.50:58442
> 
> Fixes: 2d2932125616 ("ss: Add support to filter on device")
> Signed-off-by: David Ahern <[email-masked]>

Won't apply to current code.
Please rebase.