Subject: Re: [PATCH V2] Add flow control to the portmapper

From: Leon Romanovsky <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 19 Jul 2016 20:32:53 +0300

On Tue, Jul 19, 2016 at 09:50:24AM -0500, Shiraz Saleem wrote:
> On Tue, Jul 19, 2016 at 08:40:06AM +0300, Leon Romanovsky wrote:
> > 
> > You are the one user of this new inline function.
> > Why don't you directly call to netlink_unicast() in your ibnl_unicast()
> > without messing with widely visible header file?
> 
> Since there is a non-blocking version of nlmsg_unicast(), the idea is 
> to make a blocking version available to others as well as maintain 
> consistency of existing code.
> 

In such way, please provide patch series which will convert all other
users to this new call.

➜  linux-rdma git:(master) grep -rI netlink_unicast * | grep -I 0
kernel/audit.c: err = netlink_unicast(audit_sock, skb, audit_nlk_portid, 0);
kernel/audit.c:         netlink_unicast(aunet->nlsk, skb, dest->portid, 0);
kernel/audit.c: netlink_unicast(aunet->nlsk , reply->skb, reply->portid, 0);
kernel/audit.c: return netlink_unicast(audit_sock, skb, audit_nlk_portid, 0);
samples/connector/cn_test.c:    netlink_unicast(nls, skb, 0, 0);

Thanks