Subject: Re: [PATCH net-next 3/3] net/sched: Introduce act_iptunnel

From: Jiri Benc <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 22 Aug 2016 19:07:55 +0200

On Mon, 22 Aug 2016 17:38:34 +0300, Amir Vadai wrote:
> This action could be used before redirecting packets to a shared tunnel
> device, or when redirecting packets arriving from a such a device
> 
> The action will release the metadata created by the tunnel device
> (decap), or set the metadata with the specified values for encap
> operation.

I understand the motivation for the decap action. However, what would
happen if someone does not include it?

Borrowing your example from the cover letter and modifying it, what
would happen in the following case?

$ tc filter add dev vxlan0 protocol ip parent ffff: \
    flower \
  	  enc_src_ip 11.11.0.2 \
  		enc_dst_ip 11.11.0.1 \
  		enc_key_id 11 \
  	  action mirred egress redirect dev vnet0

Thanks,

 Jiri