Subject: Re: [PATCH v3] net: ip, diag -- Add diag interface for raw sockets

From: Cyrill Gorcunov <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 16 Sep 2016 22:00:00 +0300

On Fri, Sep 16, 2016 at 10:06:23AM +0300, Cyrill Gorcunov wrote:
> On Thu, Sep 15, 2016 at 05:45:02PM -0600, David Ahern wrote:
> > > 
> > > Try to be selective in the -K , do not kill tcp sockets ?
> > 
> > I am running
> >    ss -aKw 'dev == red'
> > 
> > to kill raw sockets bound to device named 'red'.
> 
> Thanks David, Eric! I'll play with this option today and report the results.

I created veth pair and bound raw socket into it.

[root@pcs7 iproute2]# misc/ss -A raw
State      Recv-Q Send-Q                                Local Address:Port                                                 Peer Address:Port                
ESTAB      0      0                                         127.0.0.1:ipproto-255                                            127.0.0.10:ipproto-9090         
UNCONN     0      0                                        127.0.0.10:ipproto-255                                                     *:*                    
UNCONN     0      0                                                :::ipv6-icmp                                                      :::*                    
UNCONN     0      0                                                :::ipv6-icmp                                                      :::*                    
ESTAB      0      0                                               ::1:ipproto-255                                                   ::1:ipproto-9091         
UNCONN     0      0                                           ::1%vm1:ipproto-255                                                    :::*                    
[root@pcs7 iproute2]# 

[root@pcs7 iproute2]# misc/ss -aKw 'dev == vm1'
State      Recv-Q Send-Q                                Local Address:Port                                                 Peer Address:Port                
UNCONN     0      0                                           ::1%vm1:ipproto-255                                                    :::*                    

[root@pcs7 iproute2]# misc/ss -A raw
State      Recv-Q Send-Q                                Local Address:Port                                                 Peer Address:Port                
ESTAB      0      0                                         127.0.0.1:ipproto-255                                            127.0.0.10:ipproto-9090         
UNCONN     0      0                                        127.0.0.10:ipproto-255                                                     *:*                    
UNCONN     0      0                                                :::ipv6-icmp                                                      :::*                    
UNCONN     0      0                                                :::ipv6-icmp                                                      :::*                    
ESTAB      0      0                                               ::1:ipproto-255                                                   ::1:ipproto-9091         

so it get zapped out. Is there some other way to test it?