Subject: Re: stmmac/RTL8211F/Meson GXBB: TX throughput problems

From: André Roth <[email-masked]>
Date: Sun, 18 Sep 2016 22:42:40 +0200

Hello,

> For example, you could try disabling the scatter-gather or tx-cum
> via ethtool and seeing if there is some benefit; so we could image
> some problem on your HW or SYNP MAC integration for checksumming
> on tx side.

disabling the following: 
  ethtool -K eth0 sg off    
or:
  ethtool -K eth0 tx off    
does not prevent the network communication going down..

> Also you could check the AXI tuning and PBL value. To be honest
> (thinking about your problem) I can actually suspect some related
> problem on bus setup. So I suggest you to play with these value
> (better if you ask for having values from HW validation on your side).
> Otherwise the stmmac uses a default that cannot be good for your
> platform. For example, sometime I have seen that PBL is better if
> reduced to 8 instead of 32 and w/o 4xPBL...

how can I set those values ?

thanks for your time,

 andre