Subject: Re: [PATCH] realtek: Add switch variable to 'switch case not processed' messages

From: Jean Delvare <[email-masked]>
Date: Sat, 24 Sep 2016 17:55:55 +0200

Hi Joe, Larry,

On Fri, 23 Sep 2016 12:02:43 -0700, Joe Perches wrote:
> On Fri, 2016-09-23 at 13:59 -0500, Larry Finger wrote:
> > I'm not familiar with the %#x format. What does it do?
> 
> Outputs SPECIAL prefix, it's the same as "0x%x"
> 
> lib/vsprintf.c:
> #define SPECIAL	64		/* prefix hex with "0x", octal with "0" */

Is hexadecimal actually the best way to display these values? I guess it
depends how they are listed in the datasheets (if there's anything like
that for these chips?)

I found it a bit difficult to look up the meaning of the value.
HAL_DEF_WOWLAN is an enum value, the number is not set and there's no
comment. I had to count the line numbers, taking blank lines into
account... I ended up pasting the whole enum to a random C file and
printing the value of HAL_DEF_WOWLAN to make sure it was 92.

Would it make sense to explicitly set the enum values, or add them as
comments, to make such look-ups easier?

-- 
Jean Delvare
SUSE L3 Support