Subject: Re: [PATCH net-next 4/4] net/sched: act_mirred: Implement ingress actions

From: Shmulik Ladkani <[email-masked]>
Date: Sun, 25 Sep 2016 20:33:09 +0300

On Sun, 25 Sep 2016 09:05:08 -0400 Jamal Hadi Salim <[email-masked]> wrote:
> On 16-09-23 11:40 AM, Shmulik Ladkani wrote:
> >
> > [off topic]
> 
> I think this is still on topic!

Sorry, wasn't too clear on that.

What I meant is that _existing_ "egress redirect" already gets us into
crazy loops - the veth misconfig being just one example of, but
many more exist (many device stacking constructs, with lower dev issuing
an egress-redirect back to the topmost dev).

Point is, IMO loop detection (whether/how addressed), is orthogonal to
this series implementing "ingress redirect", and doesn't seem as a
strict prerequisite to adding the "ingress redirect" functionality to
act_mirred.

We can later address any loop-detection improvements in mirred.
WDYT?

Thanks,
Shmulik