Subject: Re: [PATCH v2 net-next 4/4] net/sched: act_mirred: Implement ingress actions

From: Shmulik Ladkani <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 29 Sep 2016 13:35:36 +0300

Hi Eric,

On Tue, 27 Sep 2016 14:27:13 -0700 Eric Dumazet <[email-masked]> wrote:
> 
> Since this runs lockless, another cpu might change m->tcfm_eaction in
> the middle, and you could call dev_queue_xmit(skb2) while the skb2 was
> prepared for the opposite action.

Well, seem members of 'struct tcf_mirred' are out of sync wrt to each
other, even in existing code, regadless this patch:

- 'tcfm_dev' may be assigned, but 'tcfm_ok_push' not yet updated,
  may result in skb_push_rcsum being called/not called

- 'tcfm_eaction' is changed, in between "mirror is always swallowed" to
  the final 'out:' label,
  may result in wrong tc_verd assigned (or lack of assignment)

Seems the whole "params" need be rcu_dereferenced, like in
tunnel_key_act, or like your suggestion in
  https://patchwork.ozlabs.org/patch/667680/.

I'm gonna fix the new problem you pointed out, by reading-once
'tcfm_eaction' early (right when tcfm_dev is dereferenced) knowing this
is just "keeping things as is wrt running lockless", without introducing
any new non-coherent code.

Thanks,
Shmulik