Subject: Re: [GIT] Networking

From: Stephen Rothwell <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 6 Oct 2016 13:51:52 +1100

Hi Linus,

On Wed, 5 Oct 2016 19:14:21 -0700 Linus Torvalds <[email-masked]> wrote:
>
> On Wed, Oct 5, 2016 at 5:52 PM, Stephen Rothwell <[email-masked]> wrote:
> >
> > Except that commit effectively moved that function from
> > net/netfilter/nf_tables_netdev.c to
> > include/net/netfilter/nf_tables_ipv4.h while commit c73c24849011
> > ("netfilter: nf_tables_netdev: remove redundant ip_hdr assignment")
> > removed the assignment in the original file (and has been in your tree
> > since v4.8-rc7) and that is where I originally actually got a conflict.  
> 
> Oh, interesting. Why didn't I get the conflict there then?
> 
> I'm guessing (but too lazy to actually look up the history), that
> David ended up doing that merge and that ends up being why I never saw
> a conflict.

Yeah, commit b50afd203a5e ("Merge
git://git.kernel.org/pub/scm/linux/kernel/git/davem/net") actually
merges v4.8 into the net-next tree.

-- 
Cheers,
Stephen Rothwell