Subject: Re: stmmac/RTL8211F/Meson GXBB: TX throughput problems

From: André Roth <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 31 Oct 2016 11:25:24 +0100

Hi all,
 
> on my device this results in:
> [0xc9410018] = 0x2000000
> [0xc9410030] = 0x0
> [0xc941003c] = 0x0
> [0xc9411000] = 0x1100802
> [0xc9411018] = 0x2202006
> [0xc9411028] = 0x0
> 
> maybe someone else could try the command from above on his device
> (running the original Amlogic kernel).

those registers have the same value on an original image from
hardkernel: 

Linux odroid64 3.14.65-65 #1 SMP PREEMPT Sat May 28
02:50:51 BRT 2016 aarch64 aarch64 aarch64 GNU/Linux

> please also state if ethernet is working properly on the original
> kernel (and preferably which device/board this is).

yes, the ethernet works flawless in 100 and 1000 Mbit/s on the 3.14
kernel.

I can now confirm that both 100 and 1000 Mbit/s do not work properly
on the 4.8/integ branch. the network connection is interrupted after
some outbound traffic. it can be recovered by running a ifdown/ifup
which restarts dhclient, which I think is able to somehow reset the
interface. 

Anything I can help to debug the issue further ?

Regards,

 André