Subject: Re: [PATCH v4 2/7] Documentation: devicetree: add PHY lane swap binding

From: Jon Mason <jon.mason-dY08KVG/lbpWk0Htik3J/[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 1 Nov 2016 16:59:14 -0400

On Tue, Nov 01, 2016 at 09:48:26PM +0100, Andrew Lunn wrote:
> > +- enet-phy-lane-swap: If set, indicates the PHY device requires swapping the
> > +  TX/RX lanes to function properly.
> 
> Is 'requires' the right word here? The PHY performs the actual swap of
> the Tx/Rx lanes.

What I'm trying to say here is that without the lane swapping, the PHY
will not function properly.  Thus, those PHYs require this parameter
to work.  I am open to suggestions to reword the sentence to make it
clearer.

Thanks,
Jon

>     Andrew
--
To unsubscribe from this list: send the line "unsubscribe devicetree" in
the body of a message to [email-masked]
More majordomo info at  http://vger.kernel.org/majordomo-info.html