Subject: [PATCH] i40e: don't truncate match_method assignment

From: Jacob Keller <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 9 Dec 2016 13:39:21 -0800

The .match_method field is a u8, so we shouldn't be casting to a u16,
and because it is only one byte, we do not need to byte swap anything.
Just assign the value directly. This avoids issues on Big Endian
architectures which would have byte swapped and then incorrectly
truncated the value.

Signed-off-by: Jacob Keller <[email-masked]>
Cc: Stephen Rothwell <[email-masked]>
Cc: Bimmy Pujari <[email-masked]>
---
Not sure if this was already in Jeff's queue, but since it's an obvious
fix for the issue found by Stephen, I thought I'd send it out now just
to make sure. Thanks for catching this, and sorry we didn't find the fix
earlier.

 drivers/net/ethernet/intel/i40e/i40e_main.c | 3 +--
 1 file changed, 1 insertion(+), 2 deletions(-)

diff --git a/drivers/net/ethernet/intel/i40e/i40e_main.c b/drivers/net/ethernet/intel/i40e/i40e_main.c
index 69a51a4119d6..6ccf18464339 100644
--- a/drivers/net/ethernet/intel/i40e/i40e_main.c
+++ b/drivers/net/ethernet/intel/i40e/i40e_main.c
@@ -2257,8 +2257,7 @@ int i40e_sync_vsi_filters(struct i40e_vsi *vsi)
 			}
 			add_list[num_add].queue_number = 0;
 			/* set invalid match method for later detection */
-			add_list[num_add].match_method =
-				cpu_to_le16((u16)I40E_AQC_MM_ERR_NO_RES);
+			add_list[num_add].match_method = I40E_AQC_MM_ERR_NO_RES;
 			cmd_flags |= I40E_AQC_MACVLAN_ADD_PERFECT_MATCH;
 			add_list[num_add].flags = cpu_to_le16(cmd_flags);
 			num_add++;
-- 
2.11.0.rc2.152.g4d04e67