Subject: Re: [PATCH V2 00/22] Broadcom RoCE Driver (bnxt_re)

From: Jason Gunthorpe <jgunthorpe-ePGOBjL8dl3ta4EC/59zMFaTQe2KTcn/@public.gmane.org>
Date: Mon, 12 Dec 2016 10:07:01 -0700

On Sat, Dec 10, 2016 at 11:06:58AM +0530, Selvin Xavier wrote:
> On Fri, Dec 9, 2016 at 12:17 PM, Selvin Xavier
> <selvin.xavier-dY08KVG/lbpWk0Htik3J/[email-masked]> wrote:
> > I am preparing a git repository with these changes as per Jason's
> > comment and will share the details later today.
> 
> Please use bnxt_re branch in this git repository.
> 
> https://github.com/Broadcom/linux-rdma-nxt.git

Why are you using __packed in bnxt_re_uverbs_abi.h ? that doesn't seem
necessary. It is a good idea to make sure all those structures are a
multiple of 64 bits (add explicit reserved fields), and make sure you
test 32 bit verbs as well.

Why are you using debugfs just to export counters? Isn't the core code
counter framework good enough?

Please try and avoid writing functions as defines (eg rdev_to_dev,
to_bnxt_re, SQE_PG, RCFW_CMDQ_COOKIE, PTR_PG etc)

There is something wrong with the tabs and spaces (see
https://github.com/Broadcom/linux-rdma-nxt/blob/03e23b087f7e86ea28656273994e065827210ce5/drivers/infiniband/hw/bnxtre/bnxt_re_hsi.h)

FWIW, I really dislike the column alignment style, it is so hard to
maintain..

Jason
--
To unsubscribe from this list: send the line "unsubscribe linux-rdma" in
the body of a message to [email-masked]
More majordomo info at  http://vger.kernel.org/majordomo-info.html