Subject: Re: [PATCHv3 perf/core 0/7] Reuse libbpf from samples/bpf

From: Arnaldo Carvalho de Melo <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 15 Dec 2016 11:33:29 -0300

Em Wed, Dec 14, 2016 at 02:46:23PM -0800, Joe Stringer escreveu:
> On 14 December 2016 at 06:55, Arnaldo Carvalho de Melo <[email-masked]> wrote:
> > So, Joe, can you try refreshing this work, starting from what I have in
> > perf/core? It has the changes coming from net-next that Daniel warned us about
> > and some more.
 
> I've just respun this series based on the version you previously
> applied to perf/core. Since bpf_prog_{attach,detach}() were added to
> samples/libbpf, a new patch will shift these over to tools/lib/bpf.
> Other than that, I folded "samples/bpf: Drop unnecessary build
> targets." back into "samples/bpf: Switch over to libbpf", and I
> noticed that there were a couple of unnecessary log buffers with the
> latest changes. For any new sample programs, those were fixed up to
> use libbpf as well.
 
> Don't forget to do a "make headers_install" before attempting to build
> the samples, access to the latest headers is required (as per the
> readme in samples/bpf).

Ah, README, I should read that ;-)

I got used to how tools/perf/ work, i.e. it is self sufficient wrt
in-flux stuff in the kernel, i.e.  headers that are related to features
it supports and that are under constant improvements, such as eBPF, kvm,
syscall tables, etc.

Anyway, will do the headers_install step inside a container, to avoid
polluting my workstation.

Thanks for doing the respin and for the clarifications about building
samples/bpf/.

- Arnaldo