Subject: [PATCH 0/2 v2] mm, slab: consolidate KMALLOC_MAX_SIZE

From: Michal Hocko <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 20 Dec 2016 14:06:57 +0100

Hi,
this is the second version of the patchset previously posted here [1].
Alexei has insisted on the patches reordering which I've done in this
series. I've also updated the changelog of the second patch to mention
why KMALLOC_SHIFT_MAX has been used.

Andrey has revealed a discrepancy between KMALLOC_MAX_SIZE and the
maximum supported page allocator size [2]. The underlying problem
should be fixed in the ep_write_iter code of course, but I do not feel
qualified to do that. The discrepancy which it reveals (see patch 2)
is worth fixing anyway, though.

While I was looking into the code, I've noticed that the only code which
uses KMALLOC_SHIFT_MAX outside of the slab code is bpf so I've updated
it to use KMALLOC_MAX_SIZE instead. There shouldn't be any real reason
to use KMALLOC_SHIFT_MAX which is a slab internal constant same as
KMALLOC_SHIFT_{LOW,HIGH}

[1] http://lkml.kernel.org/r/[email-masked]
[2] http://lkml.kernel.org/r/[email-masked]

--
To unsubscribe, send a message with 'unsubscribe linux-mm' in
the body to [email-masked].  For more info on Linux MM,
see: http://www.linux-mm.org/ .
Don't email: <a href=mailto:"[email-masked]"> [email-masked] </a>