Subject: Re: [PATCH 2/2] isdn: i4l: move active-isdn drivers to staging

From: Greg Kroah-Hartman <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 3 Jan 2017 16:24:36 +0100

On Wed, Mar 02, 2016 at 08:06:46PM +0100, Arnd Bergmann wrote:
> The icn, act2000 and pcbit drivers are all for very old hardware,
> and it is highly unlikely that anyone is actually still using them
> on modern kernels, if at all.
> 
> All three drivers apparently are for hardware that predates PCI
> being the common connector, as they are ISA-only and active
> PCI ISDN cards were widely available in the 1990s.
> 
> Looking through the git logs, it I cannot find any indication of a
> patch to any of these drivers that has been tested on real hardware,
> only cleanups or global API changes.
> 
> Signed-off-by: Arnd Bergmann <[email-masked]>
> Acked-by: Karsten Keil <[email-masked]>

This patch got added in the 4.6 kernel release.  As I am now taking
patches for 4.11-rc1, I figure it is time to just delete the
drivers/staging/i4l/ directory now, given that no one has really done
anything with it.  If people show up that wish to maintain it, I'll be
glad to revert it, or if someone really screams in the next week.
Otherwise it's time to just move on :)

thanks,

greg k-h