Subject: Re: [PATCH v3 net-next 1/2] tools: psock_lib: tighten conditions checked in sock_setfilter

From: Sowmini Varadhan <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 5 Jan 2017 10:54:07 -0500

On (01/04/17 16:26), Shuah Khan wrote:
> 
> Could you please split this patch into two. Hardening part in one and
> the cleanup in a separate patch. This way I can get the hardening fix
> into 4.10 in my next Kselftest update. Cleanup patch can go in later.
> 
> thanks,
> -- Shuah

I'm a little confused by the comments above.

Dan's suggestion was that I could have used some other
tool to generate the code, rather than hand-crafting it as I did.
In his last message, he suggests that it may be ok to leave
the hand-crafted version as is (for now), as well.

To make it clear:
the current v3 version *is* the "hardening" part. Dan's suggestion is
that the hand-crafted version can be replaced by bpf_asm generated code
later. That would be the "cleanup" part, which I was going to do in a
later commit.

Does that help?

--Sowmini