Subject: Re: [PATCHv2 net-next 01/16] dt-bindings: net: update Marvell PPv2 binding for PPv2.2 support

From: Russell King - ARM Linux <[email-masked]>
Date: Sat, 7 Jan 2017 09:32:28 +0000

On Wed, Dec 28, 2016 at 05:46:17PM +0100, Thomas Petazzoni wrote:
> @@ -31,7 +43,7 @@ Optional properties (port):
>    then fixed link is assumed, and the 'fixed-link' property is
>    mandatory.

Not directly related to this patch, but this context is wrong.  The
PP2 driver _requires_ a PHY.  It doesn't support fixed-link in its
current form.  I think the DT binding describes an expectation of
a future driver.

The side effect is that if trying to use a fixed-link on any port,
the ethernet driver fails to probe.

-- 
RMK's Patch system: http://www.armlinux.org.uk/developer/patches/
FTTC broadband for 0.8mile line: currently at 9.6Mbps down 400kbps up
according to speedtest.net.
--
To unsubscribe from this list: send the line "unsubscribe devicetree" in
the body of a message to [email-masked]
More majordomo info at  http://vger.kernel.org/majordomo-info.html