Subject: Re: [PATCH] net: phy: dp83867: Port mirroring support in the DP83867 TI's PHY driver

From: Lukasz Majewski <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 2 Feb 2017 16:22:12 +0100

On Thu, 2 Feb 2017 14:11:12 +0100
Andrew Lunn <[email-masked]> wrote:

> > The bootstrapping process in the PHY sets this bit. This is wrong
> > since the board lane layout is not "swapped"
>  
> Ah, you mean a strapping pin? Resistor to ground/VCC?

Yes, exactly.

> That is a different matter. It makes it a lot less likely to break
> some existing board with such a change.
> 
> > I have thought a bit about that and I think that we should define
> > complementary "net-phy-lane-no-swap" as suggested by Florian. Then
> > affected boards could define it and use.
> 
> This is the most flexible solution. Yes, that is O.K. for me.

Ok. thanks.

>      Andrew

Best regards,

Lukasz Majewski

--

DENX Software Engineering GmbH,      Managing Director: Wolfgang Denk
HRB 165235 Munich, Office: Kirchenstr.5, D-82194 Groebenzell, Germany
Phone: (+49)-8142-66989-10 Fax: (+49)-8142-66989-80 Email: [email-masked]
--
To unsubscribe from this list: send the line "unsubscribe devicetree" in
the body of a message to [email-masked]
More majordomo info at  http://vger.kernel.org/majordomo-info.html