Subject: Re: [patch net-next RFC 0/8] Add support for pipeline debug (dpipe)

From: Jiri Pirko <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 16 Feb 2017 17:20:00 +0100

Thu, Feb 16, 2017 at 05:11:50PM CET, [email-masked] wrote:
>On Thu, Feb 16, 2017 at 04:22:36PM +0100, Jiri Pirko wrote:
>> From: Jiri Pirko <[email-masked]>
>> 
>> Arkadi says:
>
>Hi Jiri, Arkadi
>
>It is not mentioned here, but i assume you have a followup patchset
>which extends the devlink command to enumerate what tables are
>available and to print them?

DEVLINK_CMD_DPIPE_TABLES_GET
command gets you all tables. But it gets it with the content. I guess
there could be some command to instruct devlink just to dump tables
without the content.

>
>What i seem to be missing is headers in uapi which links kernel and
>userspace together. There are lots of enums defined, but few seem to
>be exported to user space for the table parser/printer to use.

Not needed. All info is passed via devlink interface.

>
>Hopefully it will be more obvious when the user space patches are
>available.

I'll ask Arkadi to send the devlink userspace patches as RFC as well.