Subject: Re: RFC: unit tests for kernel GTP module

From: Ido Schimmel <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 17 Feb 2017 12:22:22 +0200

Hi,

On Thu, Feb 16, 2017 at 11:08:01PM +0100, Harald Welte wrote:
> Also, if netdev folks have some ideas/pointers about possible
> frameworks/tools for this kind of testing [it must exist for at least
> some other kernel networking code?]: Please let me know.  I'd be
> interested to have a look if there's something that can be used as a
> basis (starting network namespaces, sending/transmitting packets, test
> case startup/teardown, ...)

I'm not sure it meets all your needs, but we use LNST [1] to test our
code. You can see the tests (recipes) here [2]. You can create network
namespaces, send / receive packets, run arbitrary shell commands and
use existing test modules (e.g., ping, netperf) which return pass /
fail.

Adding Jiri and Ondrej, who is currently in the process of refactoring
the code and also familiar with more LNST use cases, such as those
employed by Redhat.

1. https://github.com/jpirko/lnst
2. https://github.com/jpirko/lnst/tree/master/recipes/