Subject: Re: [PATCH v5 04/19] net: e100: Replace PCI pool old API

From: Peter Senna Tschudin <peter.senna-ZGY8ohtN/[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 9 Mar 2017 08:01:29 +0100

On Wed, Mar 08, 2017 at 02:40:25PM -0800, Jeff Kirsher wrote:
> On Wed, 2017-03-08 at 17:19 +0100, Romain Perier wrote:
> > The PCI pool API is deprecated. This commit replaces the PCI pool old
> > API by the appropriate function with the DMA pool API.
> > 
> > Signed-off-by: Romain Perier <romain.perier-ZGY8ohtN/[email-masked]>
> > Acked-by: Peter Senna Tschudin <peter.senna-ZGY8ohtN/[email-masked]>
> > Tested-by: Peter Senna Tschudin <peter.senna-ZGY8ohtN/[email-masked]>
> > ---
> >  drivers/net/ethernet/intel/e100.c | 12 ++++++------
> >  1 file changed, 6 insertions(+), 6 deletions(-)
> 
> Acked-by: Jeff Kirsher <[email-masked]>
> 
> My only concern is:
> - what hardware did this get tested with?  Since this affects all e100
> parts, it would be hard to believe that all the affected hardware was
> used in testing.

This was tested by compilation only(See
https://lkml.org/lkml/2017/2/8/661). However this series removes macro
definitions of the old pci_pool interface and replace call sites by what
the macra was calling.

Here are the macros that this series removes from include/pci.h:

#define pci_pool dma_pool
#define pci_pool_create(name, pdev, size, align, allocation) \
	dma_pool_create(name, &pdev->dev, size, align, allocation)
#define pci_pool_destroy(pool) dma_pool_destroy(pool)
#define pci_pool_alloc(pool, flags, handle) dma_pool_alloc(pool, flags, handle)
#define pci_pool_zalloc(pool, flags, handle) \
	dma_pool_zalloc(pool, flags, handle)
#define pci_pool_free(pool, vaddr, addr) dma_pool_free(pool, vaddr, add

So this should not affect run time.
--
To unsubscribe from this list: send the line "unsubscribe linux-rdma" in
the body of a message to [email-masked]
More majordomo info at  http://vger.kernel.org/majordomo-info.html