Subject: Fw: [Bug 195217] siocsifflags - irda doesn't work (MCS7780)

From: Stephen Hemminger <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 4 May 2017 09:48:13 -0700

Apparently IRDA is broken by VMAP_STACK

Begin forwarded message:

Date: Thu, 04 May 2017 12:16:15 +0000
From: [email-masked]
To: [email-masked]
Subject: [Bug 195217] siocsifflags - irda doesn't work (MCS7780)

https://bugzilla.kernel.org/show_bug.cgi?id=195217

Jerome ([email-masked]) changed:

           What    |Removed                     |Added
----------------------------------------------------------------------------
          Component|Other                       |USB
     Kernel Version|4.9.X, 4.10.X, 4.11-rcX     |4.9.0 --> 4.11.0
            Product|Networking                  |Drivers
           Severity|blocking                    |high

--- Comment #2 from Jerome ([email-masked]) ---
Hi,

If I compile the kernel by setting CONFIG_VMAP_STACK = N, "ifconfig irda0 up"
is working correctly. (Tested with kernel 4.11.0)

I suppose the problem comes either from the MCS7780 driver (use the stack not
"in the rules"?) Or from VMAP_STACK.

Can you help me better understand the problem?

Regards,
Jerome.

-- 
You are receiving this mail because:
You are the assignee for the bug.