Subject: Re: [for-next 4/6] net/mlx5: FPGA, Add basic support for Innova

From: Jason Gunthorpe <jgunthorpe-ePGOBjL8dl3ta4EC/59zMFaTQe2KTcn/@public.gmane.org>
Date: Mon, 29 May 2017 09:31:31 -0600

On Sun, May 28, 2017 at 07:22:27AM +0000, Ilan Tayari wrote:

> This is neither PCI-bar mapped, nor mailbox command.
> The FPGA is indeed a bump-on-the-wire.
> (It has I2C to the CX4 chip, but that is for debug purposes, and too slow
> to perform real programming)

Wait.. So if it truely has nothing to do with the existing mellanox
driver, then nothing more than the fpga loader should be in the mlx5
directory?

> One flavor of the product, the Innova Flex, allows customer logic in the
> FPGA. But even then it is "wrapped" by Mellanox shell logic.
> We plan to have an in-kernel API for writing client drivers for Innova
> Flex.

The FPGA subsystem already has APIs for partial reconfiguration use
cases, you probably should not re-invent that under the mlx5 driver.

Jason
--
To unsubscribe from this list: send the line "unsubscribe linux-rdma" in
the body of a message to [email-masked]
More majordomo info at  http://vger.kernel.org/majordomo-info.html