Subject: Re: vxlan: use after free error

From: Jiri Benc <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 30 May 2017 13:53:02 +0200

On Mon, 29 May 2017 11:37:22 -0700, Roopa Prabhu wrote:
> What you say looks correct..., but does not hurt to leave this check in there..
> given rest of the changes you are proposing below.

I agree with Mark that the check is superfluous and should not be there.

> Looking at git blame, this check was added for OVS in dellink...but it
> could have been because
>  it was being called before stop in dellink.

The code at that time did not use rtnl ops to create/delete the tunnel
and was refactored meanwhile. The conditions from that time do not hold
anymore.

> That seems right. It does look redundant if we hit the same code via
> vxlan_stop during dellink.
> 
> This code is also hit via the OVS path, and i don't see a problem with
> your changes and analysis but i am not too familiar with the ovs call
> path. I see that the relevant developers are CC'ed.

I think it's okay.

Thanks!

 Jiri