Subject: Re: [PATCH 6/6] net: phy: add Marvell Alaska X 88X3310 10Gigabit PHY support

From: Andrew Lunn <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 5 Jun 2017 20:21:57 +0200

On Mon, Jun 05, 2017 at 12:23:16PM +0100, Russell King wrote:
> Add phylib support for the Marvell Alaska X 10 Gigabit PHY (MV88X3310).
> This phy is able to operate at 10G, 1G, 100M and 10M speeds, and only
> supports Clause 45 accesses.
> 
> The PHY appears (based on the vendor IDs) to be two different vendors
> IP, with each devad containing several instances.
> 
> This PHY driver has only been tested with the RJ45 copper port, fiber
> port and a Marvell Armada 8040-based ethernet interface.
> 
> It should be noted that to use the full range of speeds, MAC drivers
> need to also reconfigure the link mode as per phydev->interface, since
> the PHY automatically changes its interface mode depending on the
> negotiated speed.

Hi Russell

We are still missing documentation for the additions to adjust_link()
callback, but lets get this merged, and documentation can follow in a
separate patch.

	  Andrew