Subject: Re: [PATCH net-next v6 2/3] net: gso: Add GSO support for NSH

From: Jiri Benc <[email-masked]>
Date: Sat, 26 Aug 2017 01:22:31 +0200

On Fri, 25 Aug 2017 18:25:14 +0200, Jiri Benc wrote:
> While looking at this, I realized that GSO for VXLAN-GPE is broken,
> too. Let me fix it by implementing what I described above which will
> make your patch much easier.

Okay, it's not really broken and we don't need that complexity. At
least not immediately. Hw offloading in the VXLAN-GPE case probably does
not work correctly and would benefit from that change but that's a
different beast to tackle at a different time. Software segmentation
works fine for VXLAN-GPE.

There should not be much problems with NSH segmentation, either, if we
carefully store and set mac_header, mac_len and skb->protocol around
calls to skb_mac_gso_segment. Note that with zero mac_len (and correct
skb->protocol), skb_mac_gso_segment behaves in the same way that you
tried to achieve with find_gso_segment_by_type, which is thus completely
unnecessary.

More on Monday.

 Jiri