Subject: Re: [PATCH] DSA support for Micrel KSZ8895

From: Pavel Machek <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 29 Aug 2017 23:15:19 +0200

On Tue 2017-08-29 14:26:04, Andrew Lunn wrote:
> > But the MDIO emaulation code is from their driver, after lots of
> > deletions.
> 
> Is this driver supposed to run on lots of different OSs? That would
> explain why they ignored the Linux MDIO and PHY layers.

It did not look particulary portable.

> If possible, please make use of the Linux infrastructure.

I did not find any infrastructure I could use instead
ksz_mdio_emulation.

Now, drivers/net/phy/spi_ks8995.c can access the PHY registers, and I
can not see any translation there, so there may be something I'm
missing.

Pointers would be welcome at this point.

Thanks,
									Pavel
-- 
(english) http://www.livejournal.com/~pavelmachek
(cesky, pictures) http://atrey.karlin.mff.cuni.cz/~pavel/picture/horses/blog.html