Subject: Re: [lkp-robot] [irda] 66d98e78e4: BUG:unable_to_handle_kernel

From: Ye Xiaolong <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 30 Aug 2017 14:19:23 +0800

On 08/30, Greg Kroah-Hartman wrote:
>On Wed, Aug 30, 2017 at 02:04:11PM +0800, kernel test robot wrote:
>> FYI, we noticed the following commit:
>> 
>> commit: 66d98e78e44ccb969cb3196995759d200e64b49b ("irda: move net/irda/ to drivers/staging/irda/net/")
>> url: https://github.com/0day-ci/linux/commits/Greg-Kroah-Hartman/irda-move-it-to-drivers-staging-so-we-can-delete-it/20170829-090816
>> 
>> in testcase: trinity
>> with following parameters:
>> 
>> 	runtime: 300s
>> 
>> test-description: Trinity is a linux system call fuzz tester.
>> test-url: http://codemonkey.org.uk/projects/trinity/
>> 
>> on test machine: qemu-system-i386 -enable-kvm -smp 2 -m 320M
>> 
>> caused below changes (please refer to attached dmesg/kmsg for entire log/backtrace):
>> 
>> +-----------------------------------------------------+------------+------------+
>> |                                                     | 89ff9d58e6 | 66d98e78e4 |
>> +-----------------------------------------------------+------------+------------+
>> | boot_successes                                      | 0          | 0          |
>> | boot_failures                                       | 10         | 12         |
>> | IP-Config:Auto-configuration_of_network_failed      | 8          |            |
>> | WARNING:at_arch/x86/mm/dump_pagetables.c:#note_page | 2          |            |
>> | EIP:note_page                                       | 2          |            |
>> | BUG:unable_to_handle_kernel                         | 0          | 12         |
>> | Oops:#[##]                                          | 0          | 12         |
>> | EIP:dev_add_pack                                    | 0          | 12         |
>> | Kernel_panic-not_syncing:Fatal_exception            | 0          | 12         |
>> +-----------------------------------------------------+------------+------------+
>> 
>> [    0.227015] BUG: unable to handle kernel NULL pointer dereference at 00000004
>> [    0.228000] IP: dev_add_pack+0x37/0x80
>
>Didn't you report this yesterday as well?  Anyway, am working on it,
>give me a few hours to wake up and test...

Hi,

0day bot tested both the lkml patch and the commit in dev-queue branch of
next-queue.git tree, hence the duplicated report.

Thanks,
Xiaolong
>thanks,
>greg k-h