Subject: Re: [PATCH RFC 1/6] The file ksz_common.c will be used by other KSZ switch drivers.

From: Andrew Lunn <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 8 Sep 2017 02:40:00 +0200

On Thu, Sep 07, 2017 at 09:08:58PM +0000, [email-masked] wrote:
> From: Tristram Ha <[email-masked]>

Hi Tristram

Another process thing you are missing. Patch subject should follow a
pattern:

git log --oneline drivers/net/dsa/mv88e6xxx
bb0a2675f72b net: dsa: mv88e6xxx: Enable CMODE config support for 6390X
b3e05aa12319 net: dsa: mv88e6xxx: add a multi_chip info flag
68b8f60cf70d net: dsa: mv88e6xxx: add Energy Detect ops
9069c13a4867 net: dsa: mv88e6xxx: add a global2_addr info flag
9e907d739cc3 net: dsa: mv88e6xxx: add POT operation
a2a05db8a5ed net: dsa: mv88e6xxx: add POT flag to 88E6390
51c901a77562 net: dsa: mv88e6xxx: distinguish Global 2 Rsvd2CPU
d6c5e6aff50c net: dsa: mv88e6xxx: add number of Global 2 IRQs
74e60241ce14 net: dsa: mv88e6xxx: remove 88E6185 G2 interrupt
2466f64ae4e9 net: dsa: mv88e6xxx: remove unused capabilities

Please set the subject line in your patches similarly.

       Andrew