Subject: Re: Problems with mvneta

From: Thomas Petazzoni <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 20 Oct 2017 09:09:56 +0200

Hello,

On Fri, 20 Oct 2017 00:25:24 +0200, Sven Müller wrote:

> First of all I'm not familiar with kernel programming at all, so
> please excuse me, if I don't understand everything at the first
> glance. 

No problem. Your bug report and effort to nail down the issue are much
appreciated!

> It compiles and runs fine. After a couple of hours and testing no
> issues were found. 

OK, so this really hints at a regression in the mvneta driver itself.

Could you try to revert just:

  6ad20165d376fa07919a70e4f43dfae564601829
  a29b6235560a1ed10c8e1a73bfc616a66b802b90
  2a90f7e1d5d04e4f1060268e0b55a2c702bbd67a

first all of them, and then each one by one, so that we can pin-point
the commit that causes the breakage ?

I looked at all the other changes in mvneta between 4.10 and 4.12, and
I don't see how any of the other changes can cause a functional
difference. So let's focus on those 3 commits for the moment.

Assuming you're using Git, to revert a commit just do: "git revert
<commitid>".

Thanks again!

Thomas
-- 
Thomas Petazzoni, CTO, Free Electrons
Embedded Linux and Kernel engineering
http://free-electrons.com