Subject: Re: [PATCH 5/7] scripts/leaking_addresses: add emailing results

From: Greg KH <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 8 Nov 2017 12:51:20 +0100

On Wed, Nov 08, 2017 at 11:16:43AM +0100, Petr Mladek wrote:
> On Wed 2017-11-08 14:37:37, Tobin C. Harding wrote:
> > Developers may not have the time (or inclination) to investigate script
> > output. This information is, however, useful. If we add functionality to
> > the script to email results for further investigation.
> > 
> > Add --send-report flag to email scan results (to Tobin C. Harding).
> 
> I am not sure that it is wise to make spaming one person
> so easy ;-)

I agree, I would strongly discourage this, as you will end up getting
reports from really old kernels for the next 20+ years.  We have seen
that happen for every time we have added a "report this to foo@baz" in a
kernel log message.

If you _really_ want to do this, at least point it at a mailing list.

thanks,

greg k-h