Subject: [PATCH net-next 0/5] bpftool: cgroup bpf operations

From: Roman Gushchin <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 30 Nov 2017 13:42:57 +0000

This patchset adds basic cgroup bpf operations to bpftool.

Right now there is no convenient way to perform these operations.
The /samples/bpf/load_sock_ops.c implements attach/detacg operations,
but only for BPF_CGROUP_SOCK_OPS programs. Bps (part of bcc) implements
bpf introspection, but lacks any cgroup-related specific.

I find having a tool to perform these basic operations in the kernel tree
very useful, as it can be used in the corresponding bpf documentation
without creating additional dependencies. And bpftool seems to be
a right tool to extend with such functionality.

Roman Gushchin (5):
  libbpf: add ability to guess program type based on section name
  libbpf: prefer global symbols as bpf program name source
  bpftool: implement cgattach command
  bpftool: implement cgdetach command
  bpftool: implement cglist command

 tools/bpf/bpftool/main.c | 209 ++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++-
 tools/lib/bpf/libbpf.c   |  49 +++++++++++
 2 files changed, 257 insertions(+), 1 deletion(-)

-- 
2.14.3