Subject: Re: [PATCH] net: dsa: allow XAUI phy interface mode

From: Andrew Lunn <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 12 Dec 2017 09:35:56 +0100

> That's something like it - asked Andrew via IRC on Saturday:
> 
> Do we want to do the XAUI thing as one patch to avoid any breakage, and
> if so via whom?

Hi Russell

Sorry for not replying. I was on a plane by then.

> and haven't had a response.  Normally arm-soc folk want patches
> touching arch/arm/boot/dts to go via their tree.
> 
> So, until I know what to do, I can't proceed with this... and I've
> soo many outstanding net patches now that I'm losing track of where
> each patch I've sent out is.  Sorry, I'm failing.

I would put both patches via netdev, to avoid breakage. We have done
this before for the ZII devel board, with the imx maintainers ACK.  I
don't expect any clashes in the DT file. The 10Gb port might be added
soon, but i think there is enough separation in the changes they won't
result in a conflict if they take a different path.

Do you want me to send a v2, with the additional DT patch?

   Thanks
	Andrew